Larry S. McClung, MEMBER
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., 1984
- Colorado 1988
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado 1989
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals 1990
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Boulder Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Council on Litigation Management
- The Risk Management Society (RIMS)
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association (CDLA)
2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation by Martindale Hubbell
Best Lawyers – Personal Injury Defense.
Larry S. McClung was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1988. His practice includes litigation and trial, primarily defense of construction and commercial transportation claims, commercial litigation, as well as defense of professional and medical malpractice claims. Mr. McClung implemented the firm’s associate education and training program. He was a speaker at RIMS Annual Conference in 2014, presenting on the topics of diversity and development.
Born in Hawaii, Mr. McClung was admitted to the Colorado Bar in 1988. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado and the United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit. Mr. McClung clerked for the Honorable Nancy E. Rice. He has extensive experience in litigation and trial practice, primarily defense of professional and medical malpractice claims, commercial litigation, as well as construction and trucking litigation. He is a 2018 Best Lawyers® Lawyer for Personal Injury Litigation Defense.
Expand Full Resume
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
Boulder Bar Association
Colorado Defense Lawyers Association (CDLA)
Defense Research Institute
The Risk Management Society (RIMS)
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
Construction Committee Member
- Obtained defense verdicts in multiple medical malpractice actions for neurologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, obstetricians, general surgeons, psychiatrists and other specialists.
- Representation of international construction materials manufacturer in multiple cases ranging from alleged construction defects to wrongful deaths. Scope of representation includes pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal.
- Successfully defended FELA claim brought by railroad employee against railroad company and maintenance contractor, where plaintiff-railroad employee was a pilot on a switch grinder that derailed descending a mountain pass allegedly causing injury.
- Successful representation of commercial transportation carriers in single and multiple vehicle incidents, including severe injury and death.